- All permit holders are to fish from a single location on the shoreline. Fishing is only permitted within the boundary walls of the reservoir. All pools, ponds and feeder streams are out of bounds.
- If requested, members of RVSC or United Utilities staff must be allowed to inspect rod licences and any bag or container.
- The footpath around the reservoir must not be impeded by any fishing equipment i.e. bivvie’s, umbrellas or any other fishing tackle.
- Fishing between the valve tower and the club, and the area in front of the club, and along its perimeter is not permitted.
- Fishing is by rod and line only. Two rods maximum may be used at a time from a single fishing location. Max 3m between rod tips.
- Only barbless hooks may be used up to a maximum of size 6 including doubles and trebles.
- No baited rods are to be left unattended.
- All fish to be returned to the water alive.
- No live-baiting.
- All anglers must be in the possession of disgorger and landing net.
- No closed season.
- The use of the following is prohibited – Float tubes or similar – bait boats.
- Keepnets to be to EA standards, min 2.4m in length.
- Please take all litter home.
- Anglers deliberately in pursuit of large fish must be in possession of a suitably sized landing net and unhooking mat.
- NO CAMPING OR FIRES.
- All anglers will be held responsible for all litter surrounding their pegs regardless of whether it is their own or left by someone else.
- No night fishing, fishing is from dawn until dusk.
All anglers shall be in possesion of a rod licence. See below for details.
The following are PROHIBITED:
- Loose feeding with anything other than earthworms, maggots or castor.
- Ground Bait
- Live fish bait
- Dead bait except that which is commercially supplied and disease free
- Flavoured bait or flavour enhancers
- Sweetcorn, Spam, Luncheon meat, Hemp seed
If you require any more information on this matter, please use the contact links.
EA Freshwater rod fishing rules
UK Rod Licence